Have you had trouble sleeping lately?
If you regularly have problems sleeping, the common term is Insomnia. Most people experience some form of sleep problem throughout their life, but there are many causes which can contribute.
What Causes Insomnia?
Most commonly psychological causes, such as stress, anxiety, depression
Environmental factors such as noise, temperature
Uncomfortable bed or mattress
Alcohol, caffeine, sugar, rich foods
Eating too late at night
Over exposure to blue light from TV, laptops, tablets
Certain medicines or conditions, such as restless leg syndrome or menopause
Massage May Help 💆♀️💆♂️
- Massage improves blood circulation around the body
- Soothes aches and pains
- Relieves underlying stress
- Soothes nerve endings
- Lowers the heart rate
- Helps quieten the mind
- Raises seratonin levels (the happy hormone)
Just thirty minutes of massage factored in to your hectic schedule can help you relax and achieve a better night's sleep
How a Good Night Sleep Makes You Feel
A good night's sleep can boost your immune system, increase productivity, improve energy levels, improve memory, lift your mood and help prepare you for the day ahead.
A good night's sleep can also help you make better choices towards diet and exercise, encouraging you to make more movement throughout the day and leaving you less inclined to reach for sugary snacks.
Other tips for a better night's sleep:
- Get plenty of natural sunlight in the daytime
- Reduce caffeine consumption and limit after 3pm
- Aim to sleep and wake at consistent times
- Open a window. It is easier to get to sleep in a cooler room.
- Aim to sit and relax for at least thirty minutes before bed (avoid driving, cleaning, exercise), for example read a book, meditate, listen to music, journalling
- Reduce blue light exposure an hour before bedtime (turn off tablets or install an app to block blue light)
- Avoid eating late at night
Wishing you a good night's sleep tonight 💤💤
Back In Stock
Self Heating Eye Treatment Mask
Available in Lavender, Rose or Jasmine, £4 each
Reserve yours via email or WhatsApp today
We love this warming treatment to soothe eye strain, relieve pressure headaches, calm an overactive mind and release tension from tired eyes.
1. Find a tranquil place to relax
2.Open the pouch and unfold the eye mask
3.Gently place over your eyes and fit the loops comfortably over your ears
4.Within a couple of minutes you will begin to feel a gentle warmth
5.Drift away and enjoy for a minimum of 15 minutes for best results
👁️Promotes relaxation and calm with gentle lavender
👁️Instantly soothes the eye area
👁️Helps calm an overactive mind
👁️The heat helps to reduce dry eyes because it encourages a secretion of lipids into the tear film of the eye
👁️Use at home before sleep, during meditation, to accompany yoga or even on a plane